TripAdvisor is a great site to find activities. The website contains hundreds of thousands of hotel and restaurant reviews, accommodation bookings, travel-related content as well as interactive travel forums. Surely you’ve heard of it!
So what does the website state about Ridgecrest? Here is a look at TripAdvisor’s top 12 things to do in Ridgecrest, California as of 2019:
- Maturango Museum – currently has 111 reviews with a travel rating of 4.5 out of 5.0
- Little Petroglyph Canyon – 40 reviews with a 5.0 travel rating, TripAdvisor describes the Little Petroglyph Canyon as a “Cosos Mountains canyon containing rock paintings that pre-date Native Americans.”
- Red Rock Books – located at 206 W Ridgecrest Blvd currently has 16 reviews and a travel rating of 4.5. One review stated that Red Rock Books is a “must visit when in town”.
- China Lake Naval Weapon Center – a travel rating of 4.0 with 47 reviews it is described as “The largest naval research area in the U.S., 1,200 square miles of desert and mountains, allows a limited number of tours into Little Petroglyph Canyon.
- Fury’s Sports Bar – according to 4 reviewers Fury’s Sports Bar has an excellent travel rating of 5.0 and is described as “a beacon of light” and an “authentic sports bar”.
- Casa Corona – 6 reviewers gave this ‘Authentic Mexican’ restaurant a 4.5 travel rating.
- Ridgecrest Area Convention & Visitors Center – with 4 reviews and an excellent 5.0 travel rating the Ridgecrest Area Convention & Visitors Center is described as “friendly and informative” with “great travel info”.
- Petroglyph Park – currently with 7 reviews and a travel rating of 4.0, one reviewer said the Petroglyph Park is “Located centrally in Ridgecrest and near the road to Trona, this park has replicas of Native American petroglyphs and pictographs. There are picnic areas and a
playground. You can spend as much time as you, like there, but the essentials of the place can be taken in in 30 minutes. A fun place.”
- Rademacher Hills – 3 reviews with an excellent 5.0 rating, one reviewer wrote “Rademacher Hills is a popular trail for folks who like hiking in the heat! Must be prepared for desert wild life and high temps.”
- Maggi Cerutti Massage – 2 reviews with a travel rating of 5.0, is described as a “home based business” with “a flexible schedule”.
- Chimney Peak Byway – Currently only has 1 review with a 4.0 rating, this review states Chimney Peak Byway has “some awesome valley views”.
- Blue Star Massage – located at 1539 N. China Lake Blvd, Blue Star Massage currently has no reviews.
Do you agree with this list? Have you visited any of these places?